Research (80%): This position will entail carrying out mitochondrial isolation and the purification of membrane-protein complexes performing biochemical, biophysical and molecular assays to understand the structure of function of respiratory complexes in photosynthetic organisms. The candidate will develop protocols and optimize conditions for protein stabilization in solution and develop protocols for the purification of intact respiratory complexes and supercomplexes. Using the purified complex, they will perform quantitative activity assays and single-particle cryogenic electron microscopy experiments. The candidate will summarize data, prepare figures and have the opportunity to assist in writing manuscripts for publication and grant proposals.
University and Public Service (20%): The candidate will present their research in weekly laboratory meetings. The candidate will oversee orientation and training of incoming lab personnel as needed. The candidate also will be responsible for ordering lab supplies, maintaining equipment, overseeing lab safety as well as other lab management duties as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry or structural, molecular or cellular biology or related field
- Ability to keep a complete and detailed laboratory notebook of experimental procedures and data and to archive and document reagents and data for publications, grant proposals, and/or presentations
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team
- Experience in lab management and mentoring trainees
- Experience or coursework in plant biochemistry, algal culturing or enzyme kinetics
You can apply using this link. Please abide by the following document and reference requirements:
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.
- 2-3 required (contact information only)
Help contact: email@example.com