We are looking for a part time communications assistant to help with the UCSB Environmental Leadership Incubator (ELI) ideally for entire the 2023-2024 academic year.
ELI is a nine-month program that trains undergraduate students to become environmental leaders. The program is organized around student-initiated projects that seek to implement positive environmental change. It combines coursework and leadership skills training in the fall quarter, with project implementation and mentorship by real world professionals in the winter and spring quarters.
The part time communications assistant will support the ELI Program Manager in maintaining and updating the ELI website (www.eli.ucsb.edu). The website provides information about the ELI program, our students, and their projects.
- Post job and internship opportunities on the ELI website that are provided via listservs and the ES Department
- Search for additional job postings through provided links and post to the website
- Prepare occasional communications pieces on student projects for our website and social media accounts, as needed by the ELI Program Manager (this will be primarily in spring quarter)
- Current UCSB undergraduate student
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency of English language
- Thorough and attentive to detail
- Interest in communications
- Ability to learn to use Drupal
- Have you own computer
- Responsible and time efficient
- Knowledge of social media is preferred
Commitment and Compensation
- Preferred 2023-2024 year but may consider a quarter (please indicate availability in application)
- Approximately 2-3 hours per week
- This work is done remotely.
Apply via Handshake with a resume and writing sample, summarizing a current or past on-campus event. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org