The CORE program goal is to provide field experience to UCSB students, particularly those who have not had this opportunity. Field experience helps students decide on a career and acquire work skills. The UCSB Coal Oil Point Reserve (COPR) is a nature reserve, 2 miles north of UCSB campus, where students can gain field experience while still attending classes at UCSB. Over the course of the year, you will have the opportunity to attend field trips and symposiums with staff and participate in one or more of the following programs:
- Environmental monitoring and research
- Restoration of native habitats
- Snowy Plover conservation
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate students enrolled at UCSB. All majors are encouraged to apply.
- We encourage students from under-represented backgrounds (Black, Native American, Pacific Islanders, LatinX, LGBTQIA, etc) to apply.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
- Commitment is a minimum of one quarter. Students are encouraged to rotate through different programs each quarter for up to a year.
- 30-60 hours per quarter depending on the activity and student’s availability.
- Stipend amount: $775 per quarter (50 hrs)
To submit an application, click here. The application deadline is September 22nd, 2023.