APCD is looking for a long-term Outreach Intern to work closely with our Public Information Officer, as well as all four divisions at APCD, to enhance community outreach efforts. The Outreach Intern would work from November 2023 through November 2024, or longer.
Preferred candidates will have a major or minor in communications; writing; journalism; public relations; English; environmental studies; or a closely related field. Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred, plus bilingual stipend available with a passing certification exam offered by APCD.
- Tasks may include, but won’t be limited to:
- Social media support
- Air quality and outreach research
- Graphic design
- Website editing
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
Hourly rate starts at $16/hr. Work-study program accepted, not required. Hybrid remote work schedule.
Email the following to Employment@sbcapcd.org by noon on Friday, October 6, 2023.
- Cover letter
- Answers to the supplemental questions
Supplemental Questions: Please limit your response to 250 words per question.
- Describe what you know about Santa Barbara County APCD and its existing outreach efforts.
- Provide links to three examples of successful government outreach materials or projects and explain what makes them successful.
- Share your ideas for a local community outreach campaign regarding “clean air rooms.”
Eligibility and Interview: Complete application packages will be evaluated and scored. Applicants’ final score and rank on the eligibility list will be determined by their responses to the supplemental questions. Applicants must receive a percentage score of at least 70 on the supplemental questions to be placed on the eligibility list. Eligible applicants will be interviewed the week of October 30.
Conditional Job Offer: Once a conditional offer of employment has been made, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check, which includes conviction history check, and satisfactory reference checks.