The Sustainability Coordinator supports environmental stewardship and reports to the Senior Director of Planning and Operations. As part of Champlain's R/Evolutionary 2030 Strategic Plan this position ensures Champlain's commitment to sustainability through efficient facilities and operations management and will make progress toward carbon neutrality and positions Champlain College as a leader in environmental sustainability. The Sustainability Coordinator supports the implementation, promotion, and monitoring of environmental strategies, projects and goals across Campus. This role collaborates throughout the organization in fostering environmental sustainability and social justice actions that lead to long-term sustainability.
- Lead annual reporting initiatives: national registry reporting, industry benchmarking, public-facing reporting through the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS) report through the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Train, supervise and support student Eco-Reps, a campus-based student leadership position focused on sustainability education and initiatives
- Develop and implement sustainability best practices in partnership with departments across the institution
- Advise and support the selection process for consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Collaborate with campus leaders to implement processes and technologies that reduce the organization's carbon footprint
- Develop and distribute educational material; evaluates and recommend alternatives to existing systems or processes
- Oversight of campus sustainability initiatives and programs, as stewarded through Sustain Champlain
- Provide support to other College operation roles
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-4 years experience in a related area
- Experience with sustainability reporting and database management
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter. Application link is available here.